REX Curator 2018
JOBBA HOS OSS
REX Animation Film Festival is an annual festival taking place in Stockholm Mid-October. For the 2018 festival, we are looking for a new Curator to help us seek out the best animation films that Europe has to offer.
The Curator will be paid on a freelance basis and should be available for part-time work between February and May when the bulk of the work described below will be done. The Curator should then also be available in a window around the Festival itself.
- Passion for animation
- Knowledge of the film industry and film festival licencing
- The ability to judge a film’s merits based on multiple parameters
- The ability to work independently according to a fixed timeline of delivery
- Effective and succinct communicator, able to report progress continuously to Board
- Based in Stockholm
- Confirmed availability for part-time work between February and May 2018
Role and Responsibilities
- Researching current animated films (from the past 2-3 years) from 10-15 countries.
- Contacting and being in dialogue with participating Cultural Institutes and Embassies for the selection of films from their countries
- Selecting a maximum of 50 short films and 4-5 feature length films to be shown in REX Animation Film Festival 2018, with a minimum of 3 short films per country.
- Securing a varied program of short films while taking into consideration the Rex Programming Mandate and the desire to feature different genres, target audiences, animation techniques, story-telling styles etc.
- Collecting Films (and screeners wherever possible), description texts and press-kits (in English) from all countries
- Attending Rex Board meetings and collaborate in the production of the festival programme
- Securing outstanding material in order to fulfill festival calendar and deadlines
- Receiving, testing and cueing films in collaboration with the technicians at the cinema involved in Rex
- If possible, introduce the Festival on the opening night
Details and Compensation
The exact level of compensation offered by the REX Board for these responsibilities is dependent upon a number of factors and will be confirmed in due course. However, as an indicator, in 2017 a compensation of 62,500 SEK (ie 50,000 SEK + VAT) was given.
If you are interested in working with us next year please send your CV and Motivation Letter to Lara.Szabo-Greisman@diplomatie.gouv.fr by the 31st of October.
Interviews will take place in November and a candidate will be hired before the winter break.